Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A WordPress Inspired Feeling

I recently was approached by my father and my sister-in-law’s boyfriend separately asking for a website. The sites are going to be used completely differently however I found myself suggesting WordPress as the best way to get them fast and effective sites. Since transitioning to mobile design from web development 4 months ago I haven’t even touched any code let alone started a whole new website. To be honest I was a little nervous but I have to commend WordPress for making such an amazingly streamlined process. Getting these sites started again has reminded me why I became a web designer/developer in the first place. I love diving into code and figuring out how things work. PHP is not my strongest area but I am getting to learn more of it again which I couldn’t be more excited about.

The field that I work in truly is remarkable and remarkably overwhelming. There are new things to learn everyday! Recently I was reading an article about what the current day web designer/developer’s skill set really needs to be and I was astonished. I thought I had a pretty diverse skill set but in reality I have so much more to learn if I want to be better… which I do. Well I guess it is time to buckle down and get better acquainted with PHP and Javascript.

Sidebar: I have decided to start linking to a website I like to use or find interesting now with each of my posts. Since I am not sure how often I will be making these posts, instead of “Site of the Day or Week” I will just go with “Site of the Post.” So without further ado…

Site of the Post
Mobile-Patterns.com

This is a site created by the designer of Foursquare and it chronicles her favorite mobile UIs in market today. It is a fantastic site I use weekly for inspiration in my mobile designs. Check it out!

Until next time, keep it nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment